Sunday, June 14, 2009

George Knapp's Letter

GEORGE R. KNAPP
®®®
8208 Seven Mile Drive
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
904-373-0095
Grknapp@aol.com

May 1, 2009


To My Friends and Family:

Along with several others, I have just accepted a “Kingdom Assignment” from my church. Each of us has been given $100 and asked to apply it to God’s work in the world, then report back to the congregation at a meeting in a couple of months. The scriptural passage on which the challenge is based is Matthew 25:14-30, which recounts Jesus’ parable of the master who gave funds to his servants and then assessed their stewardship of them. While I have not decided the direction in which I should go with this challenge, I did decide on the first step, namely to ask for your help in three areas.

You can help with funding. While I am sure that I could make some impact with the $100 plus the $1,000 that I will add to it, I am even surer that with more money I can accomplish much more. I want to multiply the $100 stewardship fund, hoping to reach at least $10,000 in total. I ask you to make a contribution, matching the $100 or bettering it if you can, but any amount will be gratefully received.

You can help with ideas. Hunger, housing, disease, conflict, broken families—these are all broad areas of humanitarian concern, within which my chosen project will probably fall. Of interest to me right now are supporting worthy, needy immigrant families in the United States (such as the Lost Boys of Sudan), providing groceries or meals to the poor, and aiding Iraqi children in need of medical care or educational assistance, but I am completely open to other ideas. You may know of a specific individual or family that has a pressing need or a mission that is near to your heart. Please let me know of your thoughts in this area.

You can help with your prayers for all of us stewards to invest God’s money wisely and for His purposes.

Thank you so much for reading this email all the way through and thank you for your help. I will also report to you on the outcome of the Kingdom Assignment.


Best Regards,




P.S. Contributions can be mailed to me. If the Kingdom Assignment turns out to be a contribution to a registered charitable organization, I will provide you with the backup paperwork so that you can deduct the contribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment