Monday, June 15, 2009

On Assignment in Georgia, Mike Darby

Dear fellow "K.A.-ers"

I'm Brooke Bishop's dad, live in the mts of N GA & was at the service at your church with you & volunteered for this assignment from the Lord.

Since Lynette asked for us to share, I wanted to share what the Lord led me to do. I share it to encourage all 50 of us to "GO FOR IT", in the name of Jesus and for His glory!

So far, in two weeks, I've received 8 donors for $1000 & am believing for a lot more donors & dollars for my two ministries.

Also, one of my recipient ministries is that of Anne Graham Lotz, who graciously replied (in part):
"Dear Michael…
What a dear email and very precious initiative you have taken to invest in our ministry! Thank you! I had no idea you were in JAX with your daughter at 'Just Give Me Jesus'…I would love to have seen you, if even briefly. We will make sure you are given an account of any funds that come in…"So....brothers & sisters....keep on keepin' on! Peace....Michael Darby

Here's my letter:Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dear Family & Friends,

I have accepted an exciting & challenging KINGDOM ASSIGNMENT! Let me explain.
On April 22, 2009, I went to PonteVedra Beach, FL to visit my daughter, Brooke Bishop & her family, to celebrate Brooke's 40th birthday. She & I had the blessing of attending the “Just give Me Jesus Revival”, led by Anne Graham Lotz. That was inspirational enough...yet there was more that I didn't know was coming!

On Sunday, I attended Ponte Vedra Presbyterian Church with Ben, Brooke, Cord & Darby Bishop. Visiting pastor, Rev. Denny Bellesi, had preached an ordinary stewardship sermon to his congregation at the Coast Hills Community Church in Aliso Viejo, California some years ago. He did the same this particular Sunday to us, using the Parable of the Talents (Matt. 25:14-30). He followed the sermon with an extraordinary call to action, asking for 100 volunteers. I was one of those who volunteered, not having any idea what was coming! He handed us each a new, crisp $100 bill! Bellesi told us volunteers that the money was not ours, but God's, and that we needed to "invest" it in some way that would build God's kingdom. This is a 90 day assignment and ends July 31st!

In the case of his church in CA, the volunteers saw their $100 bills being multiplied into thousands as total strangers offered more money to help them undertake their charity projects. When his volunteers reported back to a standing-room-only church (and, via a Dateline NBC segment, to millions of viewers), they described how the money had been spent to transform lives, build churches, feed the hungry and comfort the sick. These invigorating real-life stories offered excellent examples of Christian faith in action, as church members were forced to leave their comfort zones and search for ways to bless others in the community.

So----this is MY story, as to how I feel God has led me, after MUCH prayer, to invest my (God's) $100:

First I personally matched the $100. Then I selected two ministries...AnGeL Ministries & the Joshua Fund.

1) AnGeL Ministries is an independent, non-profit organization based in Raleigh, North Carolina and is committed to giving out messages of Biblical exposition so that God's Word is personal and relevant to ordinary people. The ministry’s name is derived from the initials of Anne Graham Lotz (AGL) and is especially fitting as an angel’s biblical role is to go only where the Lord sends and to proclaim only the Word of the Lord. AnGeL Ministries serves as the umbrella organization for the diverse ministry of Anne Graham Lotz – The Purpose is to serve God by evangelizing the lost and reviving the hearts of God's people in their relationship with Himself through exalting Jesus Christ and proclaiming God's Word.

2) The Joshua Fund, founded in 2006 by Joel Rosenberg, author of EPICENTER, THE LAST JIHAD and five others---The Mission:
Blessing Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, according to Genesis 12:1-3 Blessing Israel and the nations of the Middle East means:
Praying for the peace of Jerusalem (Psalm 122:6)
Bringing good news to the afflicted (Isaiah 61:1)
Rebuilding the ancient ruins (Isaiah 61:4)
Caring for the poor (Deuteronomy 15:11)
Being a light to the nations of the Middle East (Isaiah 49:6)

The Joshua Fund, therefore, is a non-profit educational and charitable organization founded to encourage Christians to:

Pray knowledgeably and consistently for Israel and the Middle East
Invite speakers to their churches and conferences to talk about how to bless Israel and her neighbors and to share what God is doing in the Middle East today
Take vision trips to and attend conferences in Israel and the Middle East
Publish Christian books and music in Israel and the Middle East
Invest in the rebuilding of the ancient ruins in the Holy Land
Assist the poor and needy in Israel in the name of Jesus Christ
Support the evangelical Church in Israel and the Middle East as the only true hope for peace and reconciliation

I have personally supported both of these godly ministries for several years and have seen their substantial results in Kingdom work. My prayer and belief is that God will bless those who give and we will see a multiplication of this beginning of $100 + $100 that will impact literally thousands of lives in the name & for the sake of Jesus Christ our Lord & Savior!

I will coordinate with the two ministries--both the dollars that come in and the results of the investment of same and report them to my partners in this exciting venture.

1) Please make your check payable to AnGeL Ministries and mail to AnGeL Ministries, 5115 Hollyridge Rd., Raleigh, NC 27612.

2) Please make your check payable to "The Joshua Fund" and send to: The Joshua Fund, 18940 Base Camp Road, Monument Colorado 80132-8009---One final request, dear ones...write on the memo line: Darby Kingdom Assignment AND send me an email of the amount & which ministry. Normally I wouldn't ask, but it's the way I can be accurate in my reporting.

THANKS!My prayer is that you will be as blessed in giving as I am in accepting & activating this KINGDOM ASSIGNMENT! (Any & every dollar counts equally!)

In appreciation for you & what God is going to do...your brother in Christ, Michael Darby

"Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all. Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name. 'But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand.'"-1 Chronicles 29:12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment